Don't let them go unprepared.
This Thursday, May 4, 2017, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kansas City, Missouri, courthouse, US Probation will be holding its quarterly orientation program for people facing federal prison time. Family and counsel are encouraged to attend. Participants may join by videoconference from Wichita and Topeka.
As we blogged last year, among other things, attendees will learn (or be reminded of):
- What personal business to take care of before going to prison (utility bills, child support, student loans, pending charges & detainers);
- How to self surrender;
- What to take (and what not to take) to prison;
- What programs are available in prison (educational, vocational, religious, mental health, medical);
- What to expect with respect to visitation, phone calls, email, etc.; and
- How federal prisons help prepare clients for release.
Questions? Call US Probation Officer Sara Valdez Hoffer at 913-735-2428.